Global technology executive specializing in Product and Go-to-Market transformations. Brings innovative approaches to product- and marketing-led transformations and growth strategies for technology companies. As Chief Product Officer and Chief Marketing Officer, she has helped organizations accelerate growth with a rigorous focus on customer value to drive product and business priorities. She has led product teams, R&D teams, marketing teams, and transformation teams, and has built emerging companies and revitalized existing ones. In addition to start-ups and venture-backed organizations, she has held leadership roles with large public companies including Nuance, IBM, and McAfee. In 2016 Tracey was named “CMO of the Year” by IT World and “Marketing Executive of the Year” by International Best in Biz.
Describe your industry experience:
- 30 years as a software technology and marketing executive, specializing in Cybersecurity and Information Management
- Specialist in Go-to-Market and Product transformations
- Merger & Acquisition Expertise: Instrumental in selling 6 software companies and buying 12. Adept at post sale integrations.
- Cybersecurity & Information Management Software
- Transform to subscription business models
- Sales and overall Go-to-Market transformations
- Transform from selling feature/function to selling value
- Reposition products from commodity markets to growth markets
- Incorporate voice of customer into product processes to drive customer value
- Move from on-premise to Software as a Service and Cloud
- Move from Waterfall development to Agile process
Describe your functional experience:
- Experience spans from smallest of start-ups and venture backed growth companies to the largest of Public companies. Roles have included Chief Product Officer, Chief Marketing Officer, Operations, Business Development, Product Integration.
- As Chief Marketing Officer and Head of Product Strategy for $25M Vivisimo, served as the catalyst for the sale of company to IBM.
- At McAfee, drove global product strategy and marketing, enabling dramatic growth from $25M to $990M in annual revenues within just 5 years as Vice President of Product Integration.
- At IBM, led all marketing initiatives for portfolio of products and services (Big Data, Data Management, and Information Integration & Governance). Delivered 20% sales growth to $10B+ in annual revenues by identifying and reallocating resources to business with highest growth potential (Big Data).
- Led strategic repositioning of small software company to enter rapidly growing User Access Security market, boosting annual revenues 25% and laying foundation for acquisition by private equity-backed Ivanti as Chief Marketing Officer / Head of Product Strategy at RES Software.
Describe your key business transactional experience:
- Expert in M&A and company/product integrations. I’ve helped lead six acquisitions from the seller’s-side and twelve on the buyer’s side. I’ve led go-to-market and product integrations.
- Most recently I led Nuance’s end-to-end Product and Marketing for the $250M Imaging Division. Restructured Product, R&D and Marketing organizations to operate cohesively, leading to predictable, market-let, high quality products with orchestrated release and launch timeframes. This helped drive a division turn-around with 35% profitability, and the eventual sale to private equity-backed Kofax (in the portfolio of Thoma Bravo).
What is the most important skill you bring to a corporate board?
I bring innovative approaches to accelerate company growth via product and go-to-market transformations.
- Go-to-Market Growth Strategist
- Cybersecurity Certified Technologist
- M&A and Integration Leader
- Brand Architect & Positioning Expert
- Product Modernization Specialist