View our webinar to learn about updates to our program for 2021
Telecommunications is the industry where I have the deepest knowledge with a focus on wireless and satellite communications. Corporate strategy, Business development and technology management are the areas where I am strongest having had experience in companies ranging from $500 million to $3 billion at CSC, Comsat, Intelsat, & Harris-Caprock.
Responsible for all aspects of developing and implementing strategies & launching Intelsat’s Broadband services on a global basis. Secured contracts valued at $250 million in two years & created continuous backlog for Intelsat’s broadband services. Responsible for all aspects of the Government Satellite Division of Caprock Government solutions, a $180 million P&L, providing wireless telecommunications solutions to US Government and armed forces.
Key Business Transactional Experience:
Leveraged entrepreneurial orientation and expertise, organized funding and acquired Comsat Network Systems and founded Paragea Communications, a Satellite hardware (VSAT) design & manufacturing company delivering voice and high speed data for satellite networks.
As the founder and member of the board of Paragea Communications, worked with KPMG, and negotiated a successful sale of Paravoice Technologies, a subsidiary of Paragea Communications for $42 million.
Following ORBCOMM’s acquisition of Startrack, responsible for the integration of the 2 companies’ engineering and operations divisions which combined included a staff of almost 150 engineers, field technicians and customer service personnel.
What is the most important skill you bring to a corporate board?
Deep technical & market knowledge in the hi-tech, wireless and telecommunications fields.
Strategic planning, ability to think out of the box, bring new technologies, launch new products and enter new markets.
In addition to the key skill discussed above, I would bring the following additional skills to the corporate boardroom:
- Ability to think out of the box and strategically on behalf of an organization be able to communicate those ideas to a team in such a way that challenges the team to think differentl
- Visionary and future focused
- Entrepreneurial spirit: Understanding that organizations operate in a fast changing marketplace & corporations should seek products and services to meet emerging customer needs
- Calculated Risk Taker
- Ability to build new business models in rapidly changing industries
- Good communicator: understanding the importance of effective communications at all levels and organize the Board and its committees accordingly
- Systems thinkers: seeking to understand the root causes of and forces that shape issues and challenges corporations face
- Look for creative ways to connect organizations to the world around them thru new forms of partnership and alliances that will support their missions and advance their strategic plans.
- Stay in touch with the changing needs of the customers
- Understand the global geopolitical ecosystem