Applications are now open for the 2021 Program. Deadline is June 30, 2021. View the slides from our April 2021 webinar to learn more
- Senior global executive with proven track record in the design and implementation of complex business transformations, resulting in hundreds of millions USD in profit improvements.
- Experience in Strategy Planning, P&L Oversight, Supply Chain, Retail and B2B Sales, Customer Service, Cross-Functional Program Management, Technology, Data Analytics.
- Global business experience in North / South / Central America, Caribbean, Europe, Asia Pacific, Africa.
- Board member Washington National Opera; member of Strategic Planning committee, Audience Development committee, and Innovation Task Force.
Describe your industry experience:
- Energy: 30+ years of experience at multinational IOC; Large organization leadership and management, P&L oversight, Business Development, New Market Entry, Sales, Supply Chain, Project / Change Management, Corporate Restructuring, Information Systems.
- Information Technology: Data Center Operations, Applications Development / Support (Point of Sale, Accounting, Automatic Replenishment, Customer Service), Project Management (Back Office Systems, Big Data Analytics and Business Intelligence)
- Software: SAP ECC6, SAP HANA, SAP Data Hub, Tableau
Describe your functional experience:
- Affiliate President and Sales Director for Caribbean, Central and South America: Led corporation’s Retail organization of 4300 employees in 20 Countries with annual Revenue of over $500M, driving operating earnings improvements of 170% in the first two years.
- Global Project Executive: Led the global implementation of big data analytics and business intelligence program at multinational IOC for enterprise-wide value chain (supply, logistics, pricing, sales and marketing). Managed a cross-functional project team of 200 people. The project was implemented worldwide on a tightly managed budget and an aggressive delivery schedule with a Project cost of approx. $60M with annual recurring benefits of approx. $200M.
- Global Sales Operations Manager: Led Sales Operations and Support organization for corporation’s Global Business Unit with scope in 25 countries. Managed 8 Business Support Centers world-wide. Responsibilities also included managing staff support for Sr. VP and Leadership Team, as well as oversight of Project Management activities.
- Global Information Technology Manager: Led IT organization for corporation’s largest sales and marketing global business unit with scope in 55 countries. Responsibilities included Account Management, Regional Technology Operations, Project Delivery, POS Service Delivery, Site Technology Center of Excellence, Business Support, IT Strategy and Governance, and Planning and Stewardship.
- Global Retail Direct Operations Support Manager: Led corporation’s support organization for the retail direct operations business in 29 countries. Responsible for all back-office and on-site processes associated with annual revenues of $16G and inventory of $10G, including accounting, administration, compliance, controls, inventory management, logistics, standards and help-desk.
- Retail Direct Operations Manager for Central / South America and Caribbean: Led corporation’s entry in retail direct operations in Latin America, establishing and managing an organization of 6000 employees in 13 countries with annual revenue of $200M, driving same-store sales growth of 15%.
Describe your key business transactional experience:
- Led a significant restructuring of the business model away from direct sales operations to distributor business in 20 countries in Latin America and Caribbean, resulting in structural profit improvements in excess of $70M. This effort required significant cross-functional coordination, management of concurrent market-wide asset sales activities, as well management of employee and B2B partner relations.
- Led the enterprise-wide implementation of big data analytics and business intelligence program at multinational IOC, devising a comprehensive approach to expedite business opportunity identification and prioritization. Managed the introduction of new SAP systems technology and new server hardware architecture, as well as the first ever application of Agile project management methodology. Project scope included design and implementation of the business intelligence support organization, as well as cross-functional process redesign, in addition to the end-to-end design and implementation of the new systems and tools.
- Led implementation of global Business Support Center optimization initiative, which included the standardization and improvement of the Sales Business Processes worldwide in 8 business support centers and markets in 25 countries.
- Led implementation of the global Sales Excellence initiative for global business unit, which included sales pipeline and account management process redesign, sales competency framework and field force job family development, field force effectiveness support processes, and market implementation toolkit.
- Led global implementation of new CRM system for global business unit, including new Pricing Architecture for world-wide markets.
What is the most important skill you bring to a corporate board?
The depth of my international business experience and broad functional expertise helps provide a multi-dimensional perspective, being able to anticipate and respond to a wide range of business risk scenarios, and advise on board-level oversight of strategic issues and complex change management.
Skilled in global-scale business innovation through information systems enablement and process re-design. Deep expertise in cross-functional change management.