Applications are now open for the 2021 Program. Deadline is June 30, 2021. View the slides from our April 2021 webinar to learn more
Mary Karen Wills
Director, Leader of the Gov't.
Contracting Group Berkeley Res. Group
Ms. Wills has over 30 years of experience providing financial statement audit, financial and regulatory consulting, and financial advisory services to Companies and Organizations that range from middle market to publicly-traded Fortune 100 companies, NGOs and Not For Profit Organizations. Ms. Wills specializes as an expert in working with companies that sell products/services to U.S. Government.
Ms. Wills started and grew Consulting Practices for three regional/national firms reaching critical mass of 65 to 70 employees. She profitably managed these business areas, enabling promotion of colleagues to partner level. She is an active business developer and technical expert on matters of high visibility and complicated, critical projects for her clients.
Ms. Wills also helped to grow a venture-backed start-up company as an initial director of the east coast operations. This venture sold and performed business process outsourcing across a number of commercial organizations.
Key Business Transactional Experience:
- Performed numerous due diligence assignments on mergers and acquisitions by strategic buyers, investors, and private equity firms. Also performs synergy analyses and post-merger integration.
- Implemented corporate governance and regulatory compliance programs – also assessed such programs in connection with legal and government investigations.
- Expertise working with companies to develop costing models and methods designed to ensure profitability, cashflow, and adherence to required pricing paramaters, including Government Contract requirements, donor, multi-lateral and bi-lateral organizations, and other regulated industries.
- Performed financial statement audits of privately-held and publicly-traded companies.
- Merger and Acquisition/Due Diligence and Integration
- Special Investigations, Voluntary Disclosures and Legal Support
- Strategic Planning
- Environmental Risk Assessment and Internal Audit
What is the most important skill you bring to a corporate board?
Seasoned financial and operational insights into competitive practices and best practices; strategic planning and creative ideas related to potential markets and services, as well as organizational structure. I have strong skills and experience in reviewing, understanding and interpreting external and internal management reporting and financial reporting, including operational results, financial statement results, internal audits, external audits, government audits, and investigations.
Subject matter expert on matters related to performing, administering and obtaining U.S. Government audits. I have extensive experience from cradle to grave, including developing strategic plans, pricing models, proposals, accounting systems, reporting, program management to undergoing audits and contract closeouts.