Check out our recorded informational session to learn more about our program.
Volanno provides custom software development, program management, and advanced data analytics services targeted to the transportation industry.
Dawn Amore is the president of a successful software development and IT consulting company. She provides leadership and vision to her team, while helping to solve tough problems for her clients.
Describe your industry experience:
- Technology Consulting
- Program Management
- Software Design
- Systems Integration
- Data Analytics and Visualization
- Change Management
- Business Development
- Government Contracting
- Aviation and Rail Industry Experience
Describe your functional experience:
- Owner of a small business in Washington, DC since 2003, $10-$15M
- Maintained profitability and growth over 15 years
- Built structure that has allowed the company to grow more rapidly in the past three years
- Developed of new lines of business and marketed them
- Successfully applied for new state and local IT contracts including GSA Schedule 70
- Managed complex projects in the rail industry
Describe your key business transactional experience:
- Developed business cases for multi-million dollar investment decisions
- Successfully implemented large, award-winning technology programs
- Provided change management for technology roll outs
- Negotiated multi-million dollar contracts
- Ensured contract compliance by creating policies and in-house software tools that will maximize return on investment and increase productivity
- Developed subcontracting and teaming agreements, necessary for winning business in the federal sector
- Developed data warehouse for Federal Aviation Administration that provides executive level reporting each morning
- Designed and implemented Amtrak’s nationwide train tracking software algorithm.
- Designed software system for writing strategic plans, business plans, and performance assessment
What is the most important skill you bring to a corporate board?
- Experienced with federal contracting, GWACs, and state procurement vehicles
- Successfully built relationships by learning how to outperform the competition
- Successfully turned around at-risk technology projects
- Focus on building relationships with clients, so that our firm is viewed as a strategic partner, not just a service provider
- Built teams that work efficiently and effectively and exceed client expectations
- Developed market valuation techniques for small businesses
- Holds an MBA from George Washington University School of Business, Certified Scrum Master, Project Management Professional, and Six Sigma Green Belt