Applications are now open for the 2021 Program. Deadline is June 30, 2021. View the slides from our April 2021 webinar to learn more
Carol Papillo, Senior Vice President Business Development Operations for Amentum, a recently spun off engineering and technical services company with annual revenues of $4 billion and 20,000 employees.
Executive with over 25 years of professional experience including leadership roles in strategy, operations, solution development, program and technical management, with a focus on business growth. Experience in both publicly traded and private equity held companies.
- 25 years of industry experience in Federal government contracting, state and other national government markets.
- 10 years of experience in commercial industries including manufacturing and high tech.
- Member of Operating Committee for Amentum. Involved in all aspects of business operations oversight needed for $4B private equity owned company with 20,000 employees.
- Business development management of a $20B+ pipeline of services opportunities for a $4B technical services provider.
- Line of business management for $150M account within IBM Global Services.
- Strategic capture and proposal management of opportunities ranging from $10M-$1B.
- Strategy and operations management for 250 person professional services start up firm.
Key business transactional experience:
- Member of eight-person senior executive team for spinoff of $4B division. Involved in all aspects of management briefing development, presentation and due diligence process. Worked with numerous prospective buyers that ranged from strategic to private equity investors.
- Involved in 3 separate major company acquisitions. Each resulted in the merger of 2 very large federal contractors (top 50) and required consolidation of business processes and operations.
- Worked for dot.com startup involved in the B2B net market maker space with venture capital funding.
- Involved in corporate and client audits for Sarbanes Oxley compliance.
- Involved in contract dispute resolution and corporate litigation.
What is the most important skill you bring to a corporate board?
Strong analytical thinker with a talent to quickly discern key facts while probing for information, apply broad experience to a variety of situations to determine successful strategies, and engage in discussions to collaborate and find innovative solutions.
Equalizer/Advisor strengths provide rare ability to combine doing what is best with doing what is right.
- Excel at designing policy to guide actions and put principle into practice.
- Respected and sought out for good judgment and ability to see situations clearly and speak plainly.