Applications are now open for the 2021 Program. Deadline is June 30, 2021. View the slides from our April 2021 webinar to learn more
Accelerated Government Strategies
Describe your industry experience:
Highly respected IT industry executive and general manager with dynamic record of driving exponential growth results in public sector organizations internationally and domestically. Aileen’s unique pedigree includes developing industry-changing technology and service businesses from the ground up. Aileen has held executive positions during the start-up days at Oracle, EMC and VMware. Aileen’s ability to drive explosive business growth shows proven leadership with a strong background in executive management, corporate operations and managing profit and loss centers. Aileen’s diverse business background includes proven experience with professional services and consulting, technical and program management, business development, channels, sales and marketing, product marketing and development, sales management and operations, market management, corporate and marketing communications, business operations, government affairs, public policy, proposal development, Cloud enabled solutions and Services. Aileen has more than 30 years of experience building, managing and motivating top-notch technology and professional services organizations.
Describe your functional experience
Experience growing companies from Start-up to a Fortune 100 company
- Experience growing businesses at light speed even in bad environments. Grew VMware team from four to 300+ and grew revenues from $8 million to $500 million in just eight years. Hired and established EMC Government sales team and grew the business to over $150 million.
- Aileen has successfully integrated and leveraged over 20 discrete product and services company acquisitions into the business plans, resulting in expansion and continued profitability.
- Aileen has a consistent track record of exceeding goals, building teams and meeting P/L goals.
- Proven experience working directly with private and public boards as an executive
- Member of Executive team that built and executed strategies for acquisitions
- Member of the Executive team that helped successfully build IPO strategies. Proven advisor-helping companies with their Exit strategy from acquisition to IPO.
Stellar Reputation in Industry and Government
- Highly respected, award-winning industry leader: Fed 100 Honoree, 2-time winner of CRN Most Powerful Women of the Channel.
- Experienced in engaging policy leaders in U.S., NATO and Europe related to Cloud Policy and Data Center Consolidation initiatives.
- Co-Host of ‘Women of Washington’ on Federal News Radio 1500 AM
Describe your key business transactional experience:
- Experience helping take companies to the next level as founding partner at Accelerated Government Strategies. Proven experience working with dozens of companies to assess the Public Sector market fit for their offerings, realign and change the marketing and messaging around their capabilities to better resonate with government needs, and establish a productive partner ecosystem. Examples of clients include a very small (sub $10M revenue) technology company, a mid-sized ($600M revenue) product and services company, and a large ($3B revenue) service provider.
- Experience with Company acquisitions. Part of EMC Executive team that developed and executed strategy for Original acquisition of VMware
- Architected the strategy, and led the VMware, EMC, Ontos and Oracle public sector business units with responsibility for sales, marketing, consulting, channels, contracts, and strategic planning. These business units varied scope but for the majority had the responsibility that has spanned the US Federal government worldwide, aerospace and defense, system integrator contractors, and the US state, local and education market place.
- Aileen led unprecedented growth, increasing public sector revenue. During Aileen’s leadership at VMware Revenues increased from $8 million in 2004 to approximately $500 million in 2013. This performance positioned VMware public sector as the fastest and most profitable segment at VMware during that time period. Aileen had similar success at Oracle, Ontos and EMC.
- Aileen has experience with taking companies public. Aileen was a member of the Executive Management team when strategized and executed the second IPO of VMware from EMC
- Aileen has over 30 years of proven operational excellence with successful experience of growing businesses from start-up stage to Fortune 100 companies while meeting or exceeding profit and loss goals
What is the most important skill you bring to a corporate board?
Aileen has proven experience at developing winning strategies and execution plans that provide explosive growth and shareholder value. She has the unique pedigree of being a key executive at industry-changing technology and service businesses from the ground up. These companies include Oracle, EMC and VMware. Aileen has the unique business acumen that can be simultaneously tactical, strategic and operational. Aileen has a stellar proven reputation for building collaborative relationships with customers, colleagues, and partners to develop outcomes that are mutually beneficial. Aileen has experience of working with boards to successful meet shareholder expectations. She has the proven experience needed to guide companies on a path of success.